Exploring England in a motorhome is an amazing way to experience the beauty and diversity of the country. With its rich history, stunning landscapes, and charming villages, England has something to offer for every type of traveler. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at why a motorhome is the perfect way to discover England, and offer some tips for making the most of your trip.
Why choose a motorhome?
One of the biggest advantages of traveling in a motorhome is the flexibility it offers. You’re free to go where you want, when you want, without worrying about pre-booked accommodation or transport. You can stop for a picnic in a picturesque spot, spend a night in a secluded campsite, or simply pull over and take in the views whenever you feel like it. A motorhome also gives you the freedom to explore off-the-beaten-track destinations that might not be easily accessible by public transport.
Another advantage of a motorhome is that it provides you with all the amenities you need to be comfortable on the road. Most modern motorhomes have a kitchenette, bathroom, and sleeping area, so you don’t need to worry about finding restaurants or hotels. You can cook your own meals, sleep in your own bed, and have all the creature comforts of home while on the road.
Where to go in England?
England has a wealth of destinations to choose from, each with its own unique character and attractions. Some popular destinations to consider on your motorhome adventure include:
- The Lake District: This stunning national park in Cumbria is a favorite among hikers, nature lovers, and photographers. With its rugged mountains, tranquil lakes, and charming villages, the Lake District offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor adventure and relaxation.
- Cornwall: This picturesque county in the southwest of England is known for its stunning coastline, sandy beaches, and quaint fishing villages. It’s also home to the iconic St. Michael’s Mount and the famous Eden Project.
- Yorkshire Dales: This beautiful national park in northern England is a haven for hikers, bikers, and outdoor enthusiasts. With its rolling hills, quaint villages, and stunning waterfalls, the Yorkshire Dales offers plenty of opportunities to explore the great outdoors.
- Cotswolds: This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in central England is known for its charming stone cottages, rolling hills, and picturesque villages. It’s the perfect place to relax and soak up the English countryside.
Tips for traveling in a motorhome
- Plan your route: While part of the fun of traveling in a motorhome is the spontaneity, it’s still a good idea to have a rough idea of where you’re going and what you want to see. Consider booking campsites in advance during peak season to avoid disappointment.
- Be mindful of parking: While a motorhome provides you with the freedom to park up almost anywhere, it’s important to be respectful of local rules and regulations. Don’t park in residential areas or on private land without permission.
- Pack smart: When packing for your motorhome adventure, think carefully about what you really need. Motorhomes have limited storage space, so focus on essentials and leave the non-essentials at home.
- Take your time: Don’t rush your motorhome adventure. Take the time to explore each destination fully, and don’t be afraid to take detours and explore off-the-beaten-track destinations.
Exploring England in a motorhome is a fantastic way to experience the country’s beauty, diversity, and charm. With a little planning and preparation, you can enjoy the freedom and flexibility of the open road while discovering all that England has to offer.